Abstracts for the London conference are still being accepted, but only for POSTER presentation. To download an abstract submission form, please click below.
All abstract submissions will be acknowledged by a return email.
Abstracts may be submitted for either poster presentation or oral presentation. Please note that it is generally not possible to grant all requests for oral presentation of abstracts, because of time constraints in the conference programme. Selection is based on peer review.
Abstracts received before the 1st July will be considered for oral presentation. Decisions on whether to accept abstracts for oral presentation will be communicated to authors no later than the 31st July.
Abstract Category Descriptions
- Biospecimen Research, including cryobiology, ambient temperature preservation, sample processing, quality control, and miscellaneous research.
- New Technology, including equipment for sample processing and storage, automation, and molecular technologies.
- Management, including quality assurance, economics, sustainability, biosafety, and public-private partnerships.
- Informatics, including databases and LIMS.
- Education & Standards including assessment and certification.
- Ethical, Legal & Social Issues (ELSI)
- Organisation Profiles, including reports on biobanks and biobank network.
1st September - deadline for receipt of abstracts for POSTER presentation only
1st September - deadline for receipt of applications for poster prizes (must include a pdf of the poster)
- 30th September - Poster Discussion Session in London
1st October - poster prizes awarded at the Gala Dinner at the ESBB conference in London
(1) Abstracts will continue to be accepted for poster presentation until the 1st September.
(2) If you wish to apply for one of the 6 poster prizes, you need to submit a pdf of your poster online (see right column of this web page).
(3) If you do not plan to apply for a poster prize, then simply bring your completed poster with you when you come to the conference.
Posters must be in portrait orientation and measure not more than 0.8m wide and 1.0m high.
Presenters who would like their poster to be considered for a prize must submit an image of their poster in a pdf file. To be considered by the judges, this must be emailed to email@example.com by the 1st September
Poster prizes will be awarded at the Gala Dinner on Thursday 1st October. Generally, a prize is awarded for each category of poster. Winning posters will be identified by an award ribbon displayed in the poster discussion session.
Poster Discussion Session
During the Poster Discussion Session on Wednesday 30th September, poster presenters will be asked to stand beside their posters for one 30 minute period so that they can explain to people visiting the posters. The three periods will be:
16:30 - 17:00 for posters on Biospecimen Research, Education & Standards, ELSI
17:00 - 17:30 for posters on Informatics, Management
17:30 - 18:00 for posters on New Technology, Organisation Profiles
If you have any questions about abstracts or conference presentations, please contact Robert Hewitt on firstname.lastname@example.org